On 15th of November 2018 the final of the international competition of young designers of fur garments Remix-Eurasia 2018 was held in Istanbul (Turkey), organized by the Russian Fur Union in cooperation with the Turkish Fur Industrialists and Businessmen Association (KSIAD) with the support of the International Fur Federation.
The competition was held in two stages:
At the first stage, the jury determined the most talented and interesting sketches of young designers.
At the second stage, the finished models made from sketches were evaluated and the winners of the competition were determined.
The competition jury was represented by:
- Sergey Stolbov - Chairman of the IFF-Eurasia Board. Chairman of the jury.
- Sergey Efremov - designer of the Fashion House "Sergey Efremov"
- Oksana Moroz - NAFA Marketing Director for Eastern Europe
- Malin Lindqvist - furrier and designer of the creative studio Kopenhagen Fur
- Dmitry Larionov - Business Manager, Eastern Europe, Sagafurs auction
- Elena Esina - head of furrier laboratory. An expert in the quality of fur products. Institute of Fur Industry
- Mustafa Senojak - President of the Union of Exporters of Turkey
- Mehmet Koymen – Designer (Turkey)
The winners are:
1st Place: Julia Yukhnovich (Belarus)
The prize is an internship in the design studio NAFA (Canada)
2nd Place: Huseyin Ozer (Turkey)
The prize is an internship in the design studio Saga Furs (Finland)
3rd Place: Oksana Balan (Ukraine)
Prize - an internship in the design studio Kopenhagen Furs
Audience Award: Altyn Serikbayeva (Kazakhstan). Special prize from Sojuzpushnina.
More than 400 guests visited Remix-Eurasia 2018 Final and Fur Gala show. Among them were representatives of the Government of Turkey, the media and the business elite. Fur companies Fashion House "Sergey Efremov" (Russia), Punto (Turkey), Kursan (Turkey), GNL (Belarus) demonstrated their collections on a catwalk during the event.
The Russian Fur Union thanks Fur Ekaterina, Fashion House, Alexander Petrov, Fashion House Zima, GNL for assistance in tailoring fur garments for the contest finalists, as well as international fur auctions: Sojuzpushnina, NAFA, SAGA and Kopenhagen Fur for supporting the Remix-Eurasia competition.